Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I Almost Signed up.


Recently the New York Times wrote an article on a pretty cool outdoors retailer called Moosejaw (think REI meets American Eagle) and their approach to mobile. Anyways, I'm usually not a huge fan of mobile marketing - I feel like my phone is the last place where advertisers can't interrupt me and I've been sort of militant about keeping it that way. Not to mention, many of those experimenting are annoying about it. However, Moosejaw seems to have figured out a way to make it a lot less painful. Instead of pushing ads at users, they can opt to receive funny questions that invite them to respond (or vote). In return Moosejaw gives them rewards points to be used on their site. I almost signed up. Almost.


Here are some other clever mobile executions for those interested (or those of you who are like me and still need some more convincing).

No comments: